Requirements for Birth Registration in Panama
- Child’s original Birth Certificate, issued by the Hong Kong Registry Office and Apostilled. (The Birth Certificate once it has been apostilled can also be authenticated by this Consulate if required).
- Certified Spanish Translation of the Birth Certificate (The translation needs to be done by a public translator registered in Panama and the Apostille seal also needs to be translated).
- Declaration of the parents, sworn statement from both parents (Download Format Letter) stating that they are the biological parents and also that the registration is not based on an adoption process, according to article 98 of Law 31 of 25 July 2006. This declaration needs to be authenticated by this Consulate.
- Declaration of the parent’s place of residence in Panama, this document is issued by the “corregidor” office at the parent’s district of residence in Panama.
- Copy of the Parent’s Marriage Certificate translated into Spanish (if applicable).
- Copy of the Parent’s Panamanian Passport and I.D. (In case one parent is not a Panamanian citizen, please also present copy of his/her passport).
- Power of attorney to authorize the lawyer or a third party to do the process in Panama, it needs to be authenticated by this Consulate.
- In Panama the birth can be registered by the Father, Mother or the child’s Grandparents.
For more detailed information about the above mentioned process please visit: www.tribunal-electoral.gob.pa/direccion-nacional-del-registro-civil/servicios/