Countries That Require an Authorized Visa from the Immigration Department to Enter Panama
|Albania||Egypt||Iran||Marruecos||DPR Korea (North)||Tunisia|
|Burkina Faso||Equatorial Guinea||Lebanon||Nigeria||Sri Lanka|
- Applicant must present the documents personally
- Completed visa application form
- Photocopy of the entire passport (including cover and all blank pages) with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Macau or Mainland China Resident Identity Card or Hong Kong Identity Card**
- Travel itinerary or electronic ticket
- Hotel reservation, if applicable
- Three (3) passport sized photos
- Proof of economic solvency with at least US$500, which can be one of the following (skip this step if applicant is underage)#:
- bank draft with applicant’s name (notarised)
- latest bank statement (notarised)
- employment letter with latest payment slip showing company header and chop
- if you are retired: document that shows the pension or retirement proof of payment (notarised)
- if you are economically dependent: letter of responsibility, certificate verifying kinship and economic solvency of the sponsorship (authenticated and notarised)
- Any other document that may prove your income and that is acceptable by Panama National Immigration Service
- Invitation letter, if applicable
(a) If you have a personal invitation letter, please submit also the following documents:
- notarised and authenticated copy of Panamanian’s identity card
- notarised and authenticated copy of the Passport
- payment receipt of any public service in Panama, stating the address of the responsible person
- Proof of economic solvency that can be one of the following#:
- Bank certification
- Income statement showing good standing
- Work letter with the last filed Social Security Fund in the case of Natural Persons
(b) If you have an invitation letter issued by a private company in Panama, please submit also the following documents:
- Certification of the Public Registry Certificación del Registro Público
- Copy of the Notice of Operations Copia del Aviso de Operaciones
- Copy of the operating code of the Colon Free Zone (if applicable) Copia de la clave de operación de la Zona Libre de Colon (si procede)
- Copy of receipt of payment for the provision of public services where the location of the company responsible is recorded Copia de recibo de pago por la prestación de servicios públicos donde conste la ubicación de la empresa responsable
- Bank certification / income estatement showing good standing / work letter with the last filed Social Security Fund in the case of natural persons Certificación bancario / declaración de renta con su paz y salvo / carta de trabajo con última ficha de la Caja de Seguro Social en el caso de personas naturales
In the case of underage applicants (under 18 years old) below additional documents needs to be provided:
- Birth Certificate (notarised)
- Authorisation letter (Authenticated by Notary Public in Panama or by Panama Embassy/Consulate) if applicable
- If accompany by one of the parents
- If accompany by a 3rd person/party, include the authorised person passport
- Both parents Identity Card
- School Certificate (notarised) if applicable
This procedure is carried out in conjunction with the Department of Migration and Naturalization of the Ministry of Government and Justice.
The applicant must submit the application at least 90 days in advance, as it is the Panama National Council of Public Safety and National Defense who verifies the application and provides an answer.
This National Council, along with the National Immigration Service, have full discretion to decide whether to approve or not the Authorized Tourist Visa.
- Please submit Original and a set of A4 sized photocopy of all the documents.
- The passport must have one entire blank page to issue the visa.
- **With the exception of the passport, ALL documents needs to be translated into Spanish, including the Identity Card by a certified institute/person, translations done online or programs (Google Translate, etc.) will not be accepted.
- #Economic solvency needs to be notarised by the competent authorities.
- If applicant is underage, submission should be done by one of the progenitors or legal guardian.
- This Consulate has the right to ask for additional information or reject any application if deemed necessary.